Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Seattle today


This photo of me climbing a tree some where in Eastern Oregon was taken at a rest stop with an interpitive display about the hard ships of life on the Organ Trail by the award winning photographer Wilmot Kidd. Misty and cool, such a contrast to where we have been lately. My lips aren't feeling parched but I miss the glow of the sun on my face. My still camera battery was left in a hotel room somewhere charging, and so I am relying on Wilmot's photos now for my blogging inspiration. We are ensconsed at the Super8motel next to SeaTac airport while waiting for Jane Han, or "The Han Dynasty" as we have come to call her. Some how her plane connection didnt function in Las Vegas last night at 1 AM so she spends the night at the airport. This morning after I realized that we would spend most of the day in a cafe doing internet I looked up this incredible site for the best place to hang for the afternoon. Caffeinated and Unstrung
I seem to be the one on the trip with the least clothes so I am the one who says "hey who has dirty laundry" and then get to find the coin-op. The dryer hadn't finished by the time it was time to pack up for the airport so damp laundry accompanied us all day long in the big yellow bag.