Sunday, January 22, 2006

It was fun...


Reminds me why I'm not in a rock band though.
It was such a treat to collaborate with Tobias and to be able to physically bring about the vision that we both had for the video. A boost in my confidence as a DP to be sure. We had 3 kinoflo's, the overhead house lights, a 750 watt lamp as the hard edge kicker on the band with a slight blue gel to separate them from the wall that I warmed up with the par cans low from the stage left side adding texture and patterns to the wall. I used a spare cymbal on a stand to create a halo/UFO effect over the band and then for the auditioner I put up a kino directly over the camera to flatten out the modeling. The lamp on the far right provides a hard edge for them as well. I think it looks good.
Once we had set up then Tobias takes over directing all the people who show up to be in the video. I am able to sit down for much of the day as the cameras just kept rolling in between takes. The video will consist of many jump cuts but with the locked of cameras will be a really neat effect I am thinking. I'll post the finished product when it comes available

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow great set up: i love all those details and unknown technical names.